Non-surgical Weight Loss
Non-surgical weight loss refers to methods and techniques for losing weight without undergoing surgery. These options can include changes to diet and exercise habits, behavioral therapy, prescription medications, meal replacements, weight loss programs, and other non-invasive interventions. Non-surgical weight loss may be suitable for individuals who do not meet the criteria for surgical weight loss or who prefer to avoid surgery for personal or medical reasons. It’s important to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the best approach for achieving sustainable weight loss.
There are several non-surgical options for weight loss, including:
- Diet and Exercise: This is the most common non-surgical option for weight loss. A healthy diet combined with regular exercise can help to burn calories, increase metabolism and promote weight loss.
- Behavioral therapy: Therapy can help individuals to identify and modify the behaviors and thought patterns that contribute to their overeating or lack of physical activity.
- Prescription medications: Certain prescription medications, such as Orlistat, can aid in weight loss by blocking the absorption of fat or suppressing appetite.
- Meal replacements: Meal replacements, such as protein shakes or meal bars, can help to reduce calorie intake while providing necessary nutrients.
- Weight loss programs: There are various weight loss programs, such as Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, and Jenny Craig, that offer structured meal plans and support for weight loss.
- Bariatric procedures: While not surgical, bariatric procedures such as gastric balloon, vBloc Therapy, and AspireAssist can be considered non-surgical weight loss options, as they do not involve cutting or permanently altering the digestive system.
It’s important to note that the effectiveness of these options varies depending on the individual’s unique circumstances and overall health. Consulting with a healthcare provider or a registered dietitian can help to determine the best approach for achieving sustainable weight loss.
CLICK HERE TO BUY WEIGHTLOSS MEDICATIONS ONLINE
Types of non-surgical weight loss options
- A diet plan. My Weight Loss Specialists help patients decide on and follow a weight loss meal plan that suits their lifestyle and daily routines.
- A weight loss exercise program. We make it easy to understand what exercise will work best for you and ease you into a program for success.
- Counselling to pinpoint causes for emotional eating. Obesity is a disease affected by emotional reasoning and habits that can be changed with proper support from a bariatric psychologist.
- Weight loss medication. Prescription medication can be helpful to achieve weight loss.
Who will benefit from our consultations?
Body Mass Index (BMI) is a simple calculation which divides your weight with your height. It is an easy way to determine whether you need to lose weight.
BMI from 25 – 30
Overweight patients needing to lose 10-15 kilos to get back to a healthy BMI range will benefit from My Weight Loss Specialist programs that guide patients towards healthier eating and exercise routines.
BMI above 30
These patients require more intensive, urgent and comprehensive care, which Dr Daiva and her team of experts will offer.
Our qualified weight loss advice advocates a holistic perspective to overcome both physical and mental barriers to achieving your weight loss goals.
We also guide patients toward long-term success with A to Z comprehensive care from our weight loss specialist team, including a bariatric physician, dietician, psychologist and if required, a surgeon.